Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's going around.....

Everyone around here has been sick. And, I had to go and open my big mouth last week about Cassidy not being sick at all this winter. We have not had to use her nebulizer one time this winter. That is a huge stride forward since every other winter she has pretty much had to be on albuterol, pulmicort, and singulair on a daily basis in order to keep her respiratory system clear. Last Tuesday I took Cassidy to get her 4 year shots. We were in the Dr office for about 1 hour with a ton of sick kiddos. By Friday afternoon Cass had a cough, on Saturday she added a runny nose, and Sunday a fever. Sunday night she slept horribly and so did I. She ran a fever all night and started making a whistling sound in her chest when she would exhale. So, on Monday we went to see her Pediatrician with a fever, stuffy nose, and junky cough. Dr. Milligan said her lungs did not sound good and sent us to get Xrays to see if she had pneumonia.
YAY! About 2 hours after the Xrays, Dr. Milligan called and said that she did not have pneumonia. They said to give her a breathing treatment 3x daily until her cold is gone. Now Brian is not feeling well. I am sure it will make the rounds until we have all had it. I am hoping to avoid getting this cold.......I am way too busy taking care of everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment