Friday, September 19, 2008

Welcome to the Weekend

It's Friday night....about 10:30pm. When Brian and I got off work at 5pm we picked up the kids and headed to the mall. We had family portraits for our church directory at 6:45 and we needed dark colored shirts (per the pic people). So, we ran around like mad trying to find black shirts. We found what we needed and headed to the house to get dressed. We actually made it to the pictures on time. Not only did we make it on time, but all the pics they took actually came out really good.

So, we spent way too much on pictures and left there in search of food! We decided to try something new so we went to Sweet Basil Thai Restaurant. Once there, we were worried about finding something the kids would eat. There was no chicken or fries on the menu.......What kind of place was this??? We decided on a few menu items and soon we had our food. It was all really good! Kaden ate so much that I was worried he might get sick. He asked if they served breakfast......I guess he liked it so much that he wanted to go back in the morning. We just laughed!

We got home and Kaden appeared to be asleep. I picked him up and carried him into the house. On the way in we saw a butterfly (remember that it is about 9:30 PM) I have never seen butterflies out at night. I am to the point that I am almost dropping Kaden (he is like 55 lbs.) and Brian takes him to put him in bed. Cassidy and I stand outside and play with our new found butterfly friend. All of a sudden I hear a loud noise inside. Then Kaden comes dashing out of the door telling me that he was "faking asleep the whole time." I have to admit that he had me fooled! So, he thinks he is pretty funny that he tricked Brian and I. And, we just know that we are in for it from this point on. I am sure he will be doing a lot of "tricking" us.

All in all, we are off to a great weekend. Today Cassidy had school pictures and Kaden had a Jog-A-Thon at school. Tomorrow we have a soccer game and Brian is going to give blood. The State Fair is also in OKC, so we will probably try take the kiddos to that. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. XOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment