Thursday, September 25, 2008

Another day down


It's Thursday and I am glad that the weekend is in sight. My boss is out of town this week so work has been pretty hectic. Brian and I are slammed with school as usual. Cassidy has declared that she wants to start ballet. I do NOT think she has the patience for ballet. She can't keep her hiney still for 5 minutes. We'll see how that turns out. Kaden is doing awesome in school. I am really amazed at all the things they learn in Kindergarten. Tonight I told him that he needed to feed his fish because they were going to starve to death (I always feed them, but he doesn't know). He told his fish "Don't panic! I am going to feed you a bunch since I don't often feed you." He says the funniest things.

The other day we were listening to a song on the radio. The words go something like: "I don't want to gain the whole world and lose my soul." Kaden asked me what a "soul" was? Now, anyone who deals with kids knows how hard it is to explain something that you can't hold, touch, and feel.....the intangible. But, I explained the best I could about a person and their body and what happens when one dies. He took it all in and his only question was "Do people in Heaven get sad?" So, I realized that maybe kids have a better concept of faith that a lot of adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment