Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mom of the Year

I just want to start off by saying that I am counting up the reasons why I should be mom of the year. The first reason would be that Kaden wants to be a vampire for Halloween and we cannot find a costume that we like. So, I decided to buy some material and make him one. Granted I will buy black pants and a white dress shirt and the only the I am making is the cape.....it's still questionable as to whether this is a good idea. I went to Hobby Lobby today and scoped out the fabric section. I found some shiny red and black fabric that I thought looked "vampirish" and did what any girl would do....I called my Mom to ask how much fabric I needed for my attempt at making this cape! She told me what to get so I got it. Now I am sitting at home looking at my fabric and waiting for it to tell me what to do. I forgot to mention that I don't have a sewing machine, nor have I ever had the desire to have one. I have always lived close to my Mom who could sew anything so she took care of those things for me! WAAAAH, I want my Mommy! But, it would be a long trip to get a cape made so I will try to figure out what to do.
Back to my point about mom of the year. Second, I have been designated as Kaden's class Homeroom Mom. I am thrilled to get to be involved, but WOW, this is a lot of work for a kindergarten class! I think we took naps in Kindergarten and picked our noses. Now they read, do math, and have a lot of extracurricular activities that I have to plan, coordinate, and execute. We are currently working on a field trip on October 14th, Fall Carnival for October 24th, a silent auction that will coincide with the Fall Carnival, and a Halloween party on Oct 31. Did I mention that I have to make a cape for my son for Halloween!
The good news is that we have activities for the kids 3 nights a week, Brian has school 2 nights, a week, and I have my online class. So, there should leave meplenty of time to squeeze everything in.
Now you may not really feel that this makes me Mom of the Year, but if you know me then you know that I don't really have any talent (especially sewing) to pull these things off.................so the fact that I am even trying should at least put me in the running for Mom of the Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment